WARNING: If you are updating from V1.0.0, you will need to start a new savegame for the changes to take effect.
March 12, 2017
Changelog V188.8.131.52 WARNING: If you are updating from V1.0.0, you will need to start a new savegame for the changes to take effect.
– smoothed terrain in places
– reduced maximum traffic speed to 60km/h
– removed grass from roads, paved road edges, etc.
– fixed field edges to remove “You don’t own this field” problem
– fixed road end traffic splines with better looking loops instead of visible high speed 180s
– fixed cow and chicken nav mesh so they won’t be walking in the air or phasing throught the ground
– fixed animals freezing at the feed trough
– fixed various floating objects
– Fixed various trivial issues
– added trigger markers
– added silos to bakery (decorative only)
– added roads in between fields
– added garage and pressure washer when player starts new game
– moved store spawn back to vehicle shop in southern village
– moved floating egg
– changed a couple of names of sell points
– changed PDA map, including added town names and where things are (such as silos, silage pits, Biodiesel Plant, etc.)
– changed custom temperatures for colder winters and warmer summers (Seasons mod required to notice this change)
– changed ground texture of owned fields to match crop
– updated FabrikScript scripts
– removed laser beam from the forage silo at the Biodiesel Plant
– replaced original gate at Biodiesel Plant for Giants barrier, which now means you are no longer limited access to the Plant at night
– Fixed some floating trees, but still looking for any floating trees…
Today I give you all a mapping project that has taken me nearly two months to complete: Germantown.
This is a 4x map that is inspired by Bullgore and his MIG Map Region Celle from Farming Simulator 2013 and Farming Simulator 15. Only the field shapes, terrain, roads, hedges, and traffic splines are directly from his map, but everything else from the trees to the railroad to the starting fleet has been built and rebuilt from the ground up using the default assets from Goldcrest Valley.
When you start out on this map, you will be taking over a mid-sized operation that focuses mainly on hay, arable crops, sugar beets, and some biogas. You will start out owning 24 fields that puts you at around 90ha of owned land. Fields 5, 7, 23, 26, 28, 31, 32, 64, and 85 are planted in grass, fields 6, 119, 94, and 122 are planted in corn, fields 9, 10, 18, and 17 are planted in either wheat or barley, fields 8, 16, 24 are planted in sugar beets, and fields 11, 35, 59, and 83 are planted in canola. These fields are in various states of growth, with some ready to harvest.
Now, here is what you will find on Germantown:
– A 4x map with all of the crops of the vanilla game (meaning 4 times the size in area of a default map)
– 145 fields ranging from 0.33ha to 62ha, totaling roughly 820ha (a little over 2000 acres); vast amounts of forest/timber land
– 3 main farms with silos and plenty of space for placeables with sheep, pigs and cows at each; loads of extra flat spaces scattered throughout the map for placeables that are marked on the PDA
– Biodiesel plant built in using Fabrik Script; takes canola and produces fuel, forage, and digestate in a 40:40:20 ratio; fuel can be used in all vehicles, loaded into the fuel browsers, or sold to Schaible
– 12 sell points (including BGA, spinnery, biodiesel, etc.)
– Multiple silage silos, multiple silos that can be expanded (each are marked on PDA)
– Dynamic traffic system (speeds range from 30km/h to 60km/h)
– Seasons mod ready with custom seasonal temperatures built in
– A single rail line that circumnavigates the map with expanded train consist
– Gold nuggets
There are some mods that I would HIGHLY recommend if you decide to play this map by yourself and get anything done in a timely manner: Courseplay and/or AI Vehicle Extension. I would also recommend the Seasons Mod if you want a more realistic gameplay.
This is not the final version that I have planned. I do plan to produce a more versions that includes chopped straw, soil mod, extra crops, or any other extras in the future that catch my fancy, but that is for another time. :
Please do not upload this map any other mod sites unless you use the original link only and preferably with my permission first. Thank you.
– intial release
– leifege640: map maker
– Bullgore: base map, field layouts, signs, roads, hedges, traffic splines, Sugar Beet plant
– augwl: biodiesel plant
– Marhu and kevin98: Fabrik Script (used in biodiesel plant)
– Giants Software: houses, barns, assets from FS17, FS15, and FS13, sounds from FS17, FS15, FS13, and SRS12, and of course the game itself ?
– Marhu: schweinemast buildings, cow and pig sounds
– teccer: farm sheds from his Farm Shed Pack
– SCS Software: for a couple of names of sell points
– JohnDeere318i and Dogface from the Giants Forum, and ccs101 from FS-UK.com for helping me test this map